Friday, August 20, 2010

Everything stays the same...sort of

Not much has changed in the last couple of weeks. D & I are still struggling, although we are both fully committed to doing everything we can to fix this. And so far, we are doing much better. We've talked about some things we've been holding back on, and getting things out in the open, which has been a help. I am pretty sure that in the end, we're going to be ok, it's just a matter of getting through right now. Stress and exhaustion isn't helping either. We're both stressed to the max over money, he's exhausted from his hours at a job he can't stand, I'm getting ready to start putting in some seriously long hours at a work at home job. These stresses are the same ones that couples all over are dealing with right now, so we're nothing special in that regard. I think that those stresses are just kind of piling on top of minor things and making it all seem bigger than it really is to us right now.

I haven't seen a doctor yet about my anxiety issue. But I have been taking some herbal stuff that is helping...quite a bit actually. And I've been working really hard at making some changes to my thinking, which also seem to be helping a lot. I've also tried aromatherapy, which does help, but the other things seem to help more. I'm thinking that I might be able to control this without seeing a doctor.

The boys go back to school on Monday. We went to school today and met their teachers. They both seem to have really good teachers again this year. Their school, however, is not as impressive as it once was. It has dropped from being an A+ school when C started to being a C school this year. I find it telling that they dropped to a C school after the new principal started last year. I truly feel the principal is not up to the job, but I suppose since it's not up to me, I'll just have to deal. If nothing else, I have decided that I am not quite so determined to stay in this school zone anymore. I would love for my boys to go to the same schools all the way through, and stay with their friends the entire time, and all that, but at the same time, I don't want their education to suffer. And if they can go to another school that is rated better and has better teachers and a principal that actually knows what he/she is doing, that may be more important to me. I guess it'll all be decided when we find a place.

They are excited, and ready to go back to school. And so am I, to be honest. I love my boys, I love spending time with them, and I love summer so much, but I'm ready for them to go back. I need a little break, and plus I need some uninterrupted hours to put in at my new job.

So what is my new job? Well, I have begun working as a guide for ChaCha.com. You text in your questions to 242242 and it gets routed to me or one of my fellow guides and we search for the answer to your question. It's rather fun, quick, not too difficult, and a great way to expand your knowledge. I get to look up answers to so many different questions and learn a little bit about a lot of things. I'll never get rich doing it, but at least it's an income.

I'll be getting a laptop this week, so that I'm no longer tethered to a desk. This will enable me to work when the kids have a day off or a half day, if they are sick, on weekends, during the evenings, and not be confined to the room the computer is in, since I can move the laptop to whatever room (or even outdoors) that I might wish to work in. D is going to install Linux on it for me, so that it will match up with my desktop. Once he switched me to Linux, he made me a fan for life. I love Linux. It is truly awesome.

Ok, so that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment